HERMANDAD DEL SANTO ENTIERRO DE NUESTRO SEÑOR JESUCRISTO EN EL MISTERIO DE SU MUERTE Y RESURECCIÓN, MARÍA SANTÍSIMA EN SU SOLEDAD Y AMARGURA, TRIUNFO DE LA SANTA CRUZ Y NTRA. SRA. DE LA CABEZA
This Brotherhood was founded by the Marquis of La Gomera as a familiar brotherhood and its primitive title was Brotherhood of Nuestra Señora de la Cabeza. Since its foundation, there have been very few penitential processions being its last one in 1696. It has been located in the convent’s church of the Dominicans in a baroque chapel with the same name of this Brotherhood, closed until its restoration. Its revitalization starts at the beginning of 1993, and its first penitential procession was in 2000. Currently, this Brotherhood is located in the church of San Carlos el Real, making its procession from Santa Clara church.
This Brotherhood is comprised of three floats: the image of The Lying Christ that is anonymous and before 1715, the wood carved and goldened case was made by José Cueto and Juan Pineda between 1824 and 1828; the image of the Virgin was realized by the sculptor Marcos Antonio Humanes in 2008 and the third image is the Triumph of the Holy Cross, popularly known as “La Canina”.”
As a peculiarity, we can appreciate on the Easter float of the Virgin a replica of the tower of San Carlos el Real and Santo Domingo Church, highlight the image of Ntra. Sra. De la Asunción.