Español Inglés Francés Alemán

  • 2 DSC_7311 1600x550x300
  • CLAUSTRO COLEGIATA 1600X550X300
  • cuesta rehoya 1600X550X300

#Turismo

This family, originating from Galicia, arrived in Andalusia after the Reconquest, and they settled in Osuna around the 18th century. Among their most distinguished members, born in this building, we can mention: Manuel María de Arjona y Cubas and José Manuel de Arjona y Cubas, the “Asistente Arjona”.

The palace is in the hands of the family until 1862 and, after them, it will have different owners until 1975, when it is acquired by the Hermandad Sindical de Labradores y Ganaderos (Syndical Cooperative of Farm Workers and Ranchers) to set up their facilities. In 1979, the building becomes the Cámara Agraria Local (Chamber of Agriculture) and this entity has ceded the building as a Museum to the Osuna City Council.

It follows the structure of the house palaces of the 18th century: it is arranged around four patios of which the main one presents Doric columns with series of arches in the four corridors and with a limestone fountain in the centre.

Nowadays, it houses the Osuna Museum and the Tourist Office; both of them belong to the City Council. The visit to the museum is a tour through the different rooms of the house-palace, in which some frescos which decorated the ceiling are kept.

 

 

HORARIO DE INVIERNO

(15 DE SEPTIEMBRE – 15 JUNIO)

HORARIO DE VERANO

(16 DE JUNIO- 14 DE SEPTIEMBRE)

OFICINA DE TURISMO Y

MUSEO DE OSUNA

10:00 h-14:30 h

16:00 h-18:00 h

09:30 h-14:30 h y

Jueves:19:00 h-21:00 h