Español Inglés Francés Alemán

  • 2 DSC_7311 1600x550x300
  • CLAUSTRO COLEGIATA 1600X550X300
  • cuesta rehoya 1600X550X300

Market Square

#Turismo

Main Square, no number. Free entry. It was the former Convent of Saint Francisco, known as the convent of Mother of God of Osuna, it was one of the first foundations realized over the duchy of Osuna in Andalusia.

In 1504, Inés Chirino the widow of the mayor Luis Pernía, made a donation of the church Mother of God in order to found convents.

In 1551, this building was one of the first Study House of the province, due to the existence of the University and the protection of the Dukes.

In 1943, it was collapsed but fortunately, the main altarpiece was saved and subsequently was acquired by the Franciscans of Saint Buenaventura of Seville.

The courtyard is the only currently preserved part in which all the Market stalls are placed.