16th and 17th century. The Order of the Franciscan Conceptionists.
CONVENT OF THE CONCEPCIÓN
Main square, no number
08:00 am - 08:30 am
(Culto 08:00 am)
09:30 am-13:00 pm(Mass 09:30 am)
This convent was founded by the Blessed Beatriz Silva for the Franciscan Conceptionists.
It has a blind façade from one extreme to the other. The visitor can appreciate a bell gable built with two brick naves and the loudest bell of the town.
It has the typical structure of a convent with a single nave which is one of the highest one of Osuna, covered by a barrel vault. The main chapel has the ceiling decorated in mudejar style.
The main altarpiece was ordered by Francisco María de Ceiba in 1717. It is organized with estipites and it has some sculptures representing Saint José, Saint Miguel, Saint Francisco and Saint Beatriz de Silva. In the central niche appears the Virgin with her toddler and in the attic Saint Joaquín, Saint Ana and the Coronation of the Virgin.
The church is the only part that can be visited. Free entry.